98 Windstar Interior Lights Open Door Warning

I can't get my interior light to go out. The dash warning that a door is open stays lit all the time. I think it is the sensor on the slider. If I leave the key in the ignition and open the passenger door or back hatch I get a warning tone. I don't get a tone if I open the slider (I get the key in the ignition tone if I open the drivers door). I drilled out the rivets and put a jumper wire across the connector at the slider on the body side but I'm not having any luck.

Any Ideas?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Brennan

Paul Brennan opined in news:kFwWc.7610$Nn2.5183@trndny05:

  1. dont post in html mode here.

  1. do a search in this group on google... it's happened to other people.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic