98 Windstar Interior Lights Open Door Warning

I can't get my interior light to go out. The dash warning that a door is open stays lit all the time. I think it is the sensor on the slider. If I leave the key in the ignition and open the passenger door or back hatch I get a warning tone. I don't get a tone if I open the slider (I get the key in the ignition tone if I open the drivers door). I drilled out the rivets and put a jumper wire across the connector at the slider on the body side but I'm not having any luck.
Any Ideas?
Paul
Paul Brennan opined in

1. dont post in html mode here.
2. do a search in this group on google... it's happened to other people.