98 Windstar:Low Beams not working

Both headlights stopped working in the low beam mode. The day time running lamps work fine, and hi-beam works, but the low-beams do not work at all.
I've checked the fuses and replaced one bulb, but to no avail.
Any idead as to what might cause this?
If the windstar is anything like the Taurus, my money is on the multifunction switch (the one that controls low/ high beam, turn signals, and wipers. Replacing it (and checking the harness for overheating and melting) should correct the issue.

I have a 1998 Windstar and the some problem. you can take the multi switch apart and clean the brass contects or buy a new one.

running