99 Contour vacuum leak ?

When you start the car up you can hear a sound like a vacuum leak . It appears to be coming from the top of the motor towards the back of engine and car. Can it be the EGR valve or what? Any help would be much
appreciated.

You could try isolating it a little more... putting your hands in there while the engine's running wont hurt anything, just be careful.
Move hoses a little, etc to see if sound changes.
you pay..DEAL with it!
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 02:45:37 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

On my 2.5 it was a PCV hose under the throttle body. It was soft on the bottom, and on high vacuum it pulled in and the crack opened. VERY difficult to find.