99 Escort idles down to slow

1999 Escort when shifting doesnt idle down fast enough . You almost have to double clutch to give the engine time to drop rpms. Any ideas ? Gideon

Three things immediately come to mind..... sticking IAC, binding throttle cable or linkage or there is the remote possibility that the PCM isn't receiving clutch pedal position sense.
Here's how it works.... as we are driving, the PCM moves the IAC to a very wide opening. This way, if we suddenly close the throttle, the motor doesn't stall or momentarily run rough due to "dashpot" effect as the PCM slowly closes the IAC.
HTH

I wonder if this started since the cold weather set in or if it existed before.
Anyone else thinking that perhaps the IAC is open more due to the cold engine temp?
CJB

http://www.autoforumz.com/99-Escort-idles-slow-ftopict148205.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pq2777