99 ford e150 abs light came on while driving

i have a 99 e150, while driving home on a trip out abs light came on and never went back off, any suggestions on how i can get the abs codes? i tried a code
reader but it found nothing. any info in where i can activate the test and what the codes mean would be great. thanks dennis
IIRC.... and it's been a while... the last similar concern I addressed was with a special cable and the NGS.... I recall there being a separate ABS test connectr somewhere below the master cylinder....
Sorry I can't be more help.