99 ford escort. A/C problem

My ac went out on my 99 ford escort. I tried recharging it but it only takes about a quarter of the can then stops. Im not sure what might cause that. Is it a clogged or pinched line? Does anyone know what I can do?

Reply to
clamdaddy

"clamdaddy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Find someone to help you that knows what they are doing.

Soorryyyy That sounds harsh but you dont know enough about the system to describe the symptoms, and there is not room or time on here to teach you the basics of A/C.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote

Sorta like: "What car wont start, does anyone know what's wrong?"

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"" wrote: > My ac went out on my 99 ford escort. I tried recharging it > but it only > takes about a quarter of the can then stops. Im not sure what > might cause > that. Is it a clogged or pinched line? Does anyone know what > I can do?

does it need recharging? or could there be another problem. sometimes it takes 15mins to cycle enough to recharge the system. I doubt a line is pinched, since the pressure would either work its way past or blow the line. there are countless things that could be wrong, everything from a loose fanbelt to a dirty nozle.

Reply to
xmirage2kx

All i know is that the compressor still cuts on and its not frozen. Im connected to the low pressure port but its just not taking the 134a for some reason. I didnt know if maybe it needed to be hooked up to a vacuum. I guess i just need to have a diagnostic done. I thought maybe it was something easy that someone with some better knowledge about AC would know

Reply to
clamdaddy

All i know is the compressor kicks on and its not frozen. Im connected to the low pressure port but its just not taking the 134a. Would be in my best intrest to just take it for a diagnostic or is there something else that i should try first?

Reply to
clamdaddy