99 ford escort. A/C problem

My ac went out on my 99 ford escort. I tried recharging it but it only takes about a quarter of the can then stops. Im not sure what might cause that. Is it a clogged or pinched line? Does anyone know what I can do?

Find someone to help you that knows what they are doing.
Soorryyyy That sounds harsh but you dont know enough about the system to describe the symptoms, and there is not room or time on here to teach you the basics of A/C.

Sorta like: "What car wont start, does anyone know what's wrong?"
All i know is that the compressor still cuts on and its not frozen. Im connected to the low pressure port but its just not taking the 134a for some reason. I didnt know if maybe it needed to be hooked up to a vacuum. I guess i just need to have a diagnostic done. I thought maybe it was something easy that someone with some better knowledge about AC would know
"" wrote: > My ac went out on my 99 ford escort. I tried recharging it > but it only > takes about a quarter of the can then stops. Im not sure what > might cause > that. Is it a clogged or pinched line? Does anyone know what > I can do?
does it need recharging? or could there be another problem. sometimes it takes 15mins to cycle enough to recharge the system. I doubt a line is pinched, since the pressure would either work its way past or blow the line. there are countless things that could be wrong, everything from a loose fanbelt to a dirty nozle.
All i know is the compressor kicks on and its not frozen. Im connected to the low pressure port but its just not taking the 134a. Would be in my best intrest to just take it for a diagnostic or is there something else that i should try first?