99' ford escort Zx2

i have a 99' ford escort that shakes and idles terribly, when it's at a complete stop in drive. i have contacted many mechanics and no one seems to know whats wrong any one have suggestions?

x-no-archive: yes
I can only suggest that you find a mechanic that knows what he/she is doing. If the symptoms are repeatable, the fix should be relatively easy. The information you have supplied is too sketchy to even consider a diagnostic avenue.
Hve the system scanned for memory and on demand codes... post the code numbers and someone can help..... even "gerald" the odd time.

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 04:47:20 GMT, "Jim Warman"

there is a TSB jim

That may be... but our town is full of paupers that can ill afford upscale vehicles like Escorts.... We have to settle for working on lesser vehicles like Excursions and SDs and lowly Explorers with little more than moonrooves and DVD players for options.

dansgirl wrote:

dansgirl, These cars had a concern with normal engine vibration feeding up through the steering column causing the steering wheel to shake (violently) when idling in gear. Is that what yours is doing? It felt like the whole car was vibrating. The fix varied widely but it usually consisted of replacing the engine and transmission mounts with updated parts and installing a weight to the exhaust system to cure it. Although your car isn't under warranty, ask your Ford Dealer to look for a Technical Service Bulletin addressing this issue. Unfortunately, at 6 years old, if this is the problem, the cost of the fix is on you. Most symptoms showed up early in the cars life, but I can see how it might be a concern when the cars aged.This was an ongoing problem with ZX2s with the DOHC (2.5L?) engine when they were new.
                Tom
I'd be checking for vacuum leaks first. Consider finding a competent mechanic.
On 1 Apr 2005 09:53:09 -0800, scott snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

lmfao good one
hurc ast
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:55:04 -0500, Tom Adkins

ask the dealer for good will warrenty
hurc ast