99 Ford Explorer oxygen sensor problem

My friend has a 1999 Ford Explorer. She has problems with her oxygen sensor in the vhecile after she took it to the dealer for an oil change. Any ideas what may be causing the problem? She is going to take it back to the
dealer and get it fixed.
~CyberWolf
An oil change won't affect the oxygen sensors -- unless the oil that they put in is heavily contaminated -- totally unlikely. As for what is causing the problem, I am afraid that we don't know what problem you are talking about. There is a long list of oxygen sensor related trouble codes; some may lead to a bad sensor, others to something entirely different that affects the sensor output. I am assuming that the check engine light was on, and someone found an oxygen sensor related code. Post the code here, and you may get some tips. Honestly, I don't see much purpose though, if she is going to take it to the dealer. For sure the dealer won't need this group's help in diagnosing the problem...
IK