99 ford taurus speed sensor

Hello, I have a 99 ford taurus with a duratec engine. Can someone tell me where the speed sensor is located and tips on how to replace it? Thanks, Bob

Reply to
fordguy828

i have a 1992 taurus, i changed the speed sensor in my car and the transmission works like new, before it was really bad, the crooks at the tranny shop said it'll take $1900 to rebuild, but they are stupid , it only took me $30 to fix , buy a new speed sensor and put it in. the hard part is putting it in , the sensor is located between the spark plug 2 and 3 , below in-between the exhaust maniford and the engine block. to reach it you have to put your car up on ramps and get under it , unbolt the exhaust pipes comming from the manifolds and pull them down, then you can take off the little heat sheild that is covering the sensor and them you can unbolt the sensor it self, only 1 bold on the sensor , the speed odometer cable is attached to it and a 2 wire connector that goes to your computer. it took me about 4 hours to do it all , but it works great now. saved $1900 .

fordguy828 wrote:

Reply to
jack