99 Mountaineer radio replacement question

I am looking to replace the Mach audio radio in my 99 Mountaineer. The lights have gone out although it stilll plays. It will probably cost more to repair it then it would be to get a new one.
So...my question is: Does anyone have any recommendations on a good replacement? I am looking for something that would play MP3's and fill the space that the old radio took up. It seems a bit bigger space wise than replacement head units. Anyone else replaced their radio?
Thanks

You might want to try to get one from a junk yard. That way it will fit properly.
Jeff

the display is a known problem with Mach. search Google for Explorer display problem or similar phrase.
you can fix it yourself, or I believe there is a site that will fix and send back to you.

You might want to try to get one from a junk yard. That way it will fit properly.
Jeff

Here's the place that helped me: www.shareamemory.com/radio
I did the $84.99 "Save My Sanity" swap and it has been working brilliantly ever since!
Hope this Helps, Randy