'99 Ranger 3.0L MAF problem perhaps, help engine mgmt experts

I think I damaged something electrical. Laugh, But I gotta fix it. Had positive batterty terminal attached, neg off, when I used small battery charger, may have brushed by the MAF assembly.

later truck barely started, can idle, but stalls with no rev response when throttle used. No check engine light. disconnect MAF and will now rev, but rough response/ back off. Check engine light on.

TPS tests OK. MAF voltage out stays about .95-1 volt thoughout rev range, should it vary more? but it is diconnected to system when revved, if connected cannot rev.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

MAF = Mass air flow sensor TPS - throttle position sensor

Reply to
max_powers

Unless they have changed the PCM paradigms, the car should run okay with the MAF disconnected. That it doesnt suggests you have another sensor problem, as well

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic