99 Taurus

I have a 99 Taurus which I bought with a three year extended warranty. Nine (9) times the dealer has worked on or "looked at" the transmission. The tranny slips going into second gear within the first

15 minutes or so of driving, and seems to rev very high in neutral -- over 5000 rpms at times! It also nearly got me killed when I tried to pass a car and the tranny again went into what seemed like neurtal and there I was caught in the passing lane. They have replace the speed sensor, flushed the tranny and tell me there is no metal, and did another repair. When the dealer billed me $400 the week of the flush just after the warranty ran I out I balked. The car still slips when relatively cold and again failed to kick into passing gear on a recent trip. What if anything will fix this tranny? The dealership has had it a week to "check it out" and wants if for another. They claim they cannot duplicate my problem and that there is nothing wrong. Am I crazy? Or, is it possible I am being misled? I certainly can't afford to replace the transmission, an option the dealer suggested two weeks after my warranty ran out!
Reply to
UnhappyWithTaurus

Can you duplicate the issue consistently?

Take their driveability expert with you and show them exactly what the problem is.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Sounds like it was under warranty when the problem started happening, and you took it in. That means it should be fixed for free.(they didn't fix it when it was under warranty whenyou took it in the first time. If it is a cold issue, it is likely a broken/cracked seal or drum which means it needs an overhaul because it will have to be removed and torn down to find the problem. If it is removed and torn down it is stupid to not rebuild it at the same time. Make the money grubbing bastards fix it under warranty.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman