99 taurus A/C

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a ford taurus 99, the A/C fuse blows everytime I put in a new one. I just goe it Fab. 2006 which the a/c was not blowing cool. So I check the add freezon to the sytem, but that did not work. If there anyone that can help me with problem I will be very Please.

Reply to
ANT

Either you have a wire shorted to ground, or the clutch coil is bad.

Remove the wire connector to the A/C clutch and see if it still blows the fuse.

Did it blow fuse BEFORE you added freon... By the way... DONT do that, you could ruin the system, or yourself.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

No, I did not check the fuse when I got it. I thought it was just low on freon... I just notes the fuse blow today when I was going complete discharge it and the low/high presure switch.

Reply to
ANT

Your car does not use Freon, it uses R134. And i hope you had a proper R134 AC pressure test gauges before you did any refrigerant addition.

You can unhook the wire harness connector to the AC compressor clutch and see if the fuse still blows. If it does, you have a wring fault. If it does not, chances are the clutch wiring is shorted or the clutch coil is shot. If you don't have a vacuum pump, its not a good idea to empty the system if you cannot properly pump it down. Technically, venting refrigerant is illegal too. With any luck, your compressor is not seized.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

If the fuse blow with harness disconnected, will this result in getting wiring replace. If dose not blow the a/c compressor is bad would be the problem.

Ant

Reply to
ANT

I think you should stop whie you're ahead.... take the car to soeone that knows the system and have a proper repair estimate done. Sorry, man, I just don't think you have what it takes to fix this thing without adding to your misery...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Ditto Jim!

You dont understand the system. The compressor could have melted into a solid blob and the fuse NOT blow. The clutch and compressor are two different things.

If the fuse does not blow with the wire to the clutch disconnected, the problem is 95% sure in the clutch. The other 5% might occur if there's a partial short to ground somewhere.

If it DOES blow, disc> I think you should stop whie you're ahead.... take the car to soeone

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

btw - where is the AC fuse located?

Reply to
leckig

The fuse is a 10 amp a/c clutch relay next a bigger black a/c relay fuse under the hood. Thank you Guys for help. I'm still going to have to take inton a shop.

Ant.

Reply to
ANT