'99 Taurus Fuel Pump Replacement....Remove Tank, Or???

I've got a '99 Taurus with a bad fuel pump. The shop it was towed to said they want $700 to replace it, so needless to say, I'm going to be doing it myself. The pump is about $150 from what I can tell.
Does one have to drop the tank on this car to change the pump, or does one get to it by removing the back seat and accessing it from the top?
Thanks!
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:18:48 -0700 (PDT), Weldman

Look above the tank in the trunk, or under the rear seat cushion.
If there's an access plate with a dozen screws they can unbolt to get to the top of the tank, then no, they don't have to drop the tank.
--<< Bruce >>--

The Ford Taurus shop manual DVD says to remove the fuel tank..................

Removing the fuel tank isn't that big a deal. You have two hoses going to the filler door, undo the clamps. Two tank straps, take them off on a '99 they'll probably be Ok to use again if you're not in the rust belt. Drop the tank and unplug the electrical harness and evap/ fuel return hoses. Easier with an empty or near empty tank.