99 Taurus - how do I remove the headrests ?

I want to remove the headrests of my 99 Taurus so I can put seat covers on. I googled and found a couple of old postings asking the same question but no answer. As with another poster, I got as far as
unscrewing the plastic flanges at the base of the support rods, but I don't see what to do from there.
Has anyone figured this out?
Thanks, Rod

Maybe...
http://www.taurusclub.com/archive/index.php?s16d61fd0bf745f4a728ade4dd9739144&showtopicU27&st=0