99 Taurus - how do I remove the headrests ?

I want to remove the headrests of my 99 Taurus so I can put seat covers on. I googled and found a couple of old postings asking the same question but no answer. As with another poster, I got as far as unscrewing the plastic flanges at the base of the support rods, but I don't see what to do from there.

Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks, Rod

Reply to
buddy