"99" Windstar 3.8 litre v6

Hello all Newbie here, My wife just purchased a used 99 ford windstar, -w- 62000 miles. All was well for a little while. then the power steering pump started to squeal quite a bit. MAN THING, check
fluid. Top off fluid. Then several days later it started to shimmy on the highway, over 55 mph. Well as it turns out, We have a bad rack.
Now my wife is nervous and searching the net for any and all problems that may be associated with the 99 windstar. Anything I should be aware of for this vehicle?
TIA Neil
She'll have quite a search ranging from blown headgaskets to transmissions that fail prematurely.