99 windstar P0171

I have a 99 ford windstar gl 3.8l. The check enigine light is on. I have tried to clear it but it keeps coming back with the same code P0171. What is this and
how do I fix it?
--
buddyconway
message

Googling "ford windstar p0171" gives some reasonable-looking links in response.
For example:
http://www.obdii.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002165.html

On Mar 7, 9:56 am, buddyconway <buddyconway.2n2...@no- mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote:

Most likely an unmetered air or vacuum leak, if not it could be the MAF. You could try cleaning the MAF sensor, never did it myself but often comes up on this NG, do a search on that.
search the interwebs for windstar P0171, you'll get plenty of results.
here's one example http://leckemby.net/windstar/windstar01.html