99 windstar ping

99 windstar, 160k. Been having pinging issues with it for a while. It used to only happen in the summer and I could just run 89, now it does it year
round with the 89.
The basics are all good, plugs, filters, etc...
I see ford has a tsb out for it now, involves an engine flush with some ford cleaners. I did it once and it may have helped, it was tough to tell. tsb says if that doesn't fix it to try it again, so I'll be doing another soon.
If that doesn't fix it whats next? A few years ago I did the tsb because of the oil leaking into the intake. That tsb and the ping one both have steps I cannot do at home. They both involved an update for the PCM, maybe call my ford dealer and see if they'll do the PCM steps for me?
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:01:13 -0500, "Evil Homer"

Your problem is most likely a dirty MAF sensor. It measures air flow into the engine. After a while it becomes coated withcrankcase and other vapor residue which inhibits it's sensitivity. You will need a residue free electronic cleaner, a cotton swab and a torx security bit set. The torx bit set is availably inexpensively at most any auto parts or Harbor Freight store. There are numerous sites on the web illustrating how to clean the MAF. Not rocket science but requires patience to avoid damage to the sensor wire you will be cleaning. Your local Ford dealer will almost always recommend repacement as the only option when a good cleaning periodically is all that is normally required to keep it perking happily along.
Lugnut

I realize the OP has OBDII and my vehicle does not, but I had the same problem on an Aerostar a few years ago. It would throw about 7-8 codes all at once and none of them pointed to the culprit. I cleaned it with some MAF cleaner, but it did no good. I finally bought one from a national chain on a late Sunday afternoon and it fixed it immediately. The part had a 1 year warranty and it lasted 11 months and 2 weeks before I had the exact same symptoms. The replacement has been fine. I realize that a cleaning may have fixed the replacement part, but it had a warranty and I used it.

MAF is clean