99 windstar [system too lean]

i have a 99 ford windstar with about 67,000 miles, and the check engine light is on all the time. I had it diagnosed and got a P0171, P174 [ system too lean [Bank 1 &2]. Erased the codes and they returned in less than one day of driving. Can anyone help me on this and trouble shoot. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
LostInEwing

I would look and listen for a vacuum leak. It could be as simple as a hose that came off or split. Hope this is helpful!

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

here's the best site out there for it.

Max Power

Vacuum leak. Get a MityVac and use it.

Reply to
scott21230

If his intake is leaking, and it probably is, how is a mityvac going to find it?

Reply to
Bob