99FORD CONTOUR TIMING BELT

I have a 99 ford contour se 4cyclinder.about 2mo.ago my timing belt broke. THE Garage put my timing belt back on and didnt put my main belt back on,>>>>the garage that put my timing belt on told me i had a cracked headand messed up valves in my motor,well they kept giving me the go around
and kept hiking up the price and trying to send me to a finance company to get it finaced for them to fix. I had it towed to another garage and it sit there and nothing was done. I drove it home from the 2nd garage without the main belt on it.But i had to drive it with both feet,if the head and valve was messed up would i had been able to drive it??? IT'S not smoking.it sound as if the oil isn't getting to the top of the motor.IT is oil on the oil stick.Don't no garage here where i live want to mess with it.what could possibly be wrong?????
veronica wrote: 99 FORD CONTOUR SE 4 CYL TIMING BELT
The timing belt broke and the garage replaced it but didn't put the main belt back on. They said I have a cracked head and damaged valves, and they kept hiking up the price to fix it. A second garage was no help. I drove it home without the main belt on, but had to drive with both feet.
If the head and valve was messed up would I have been able to drive it??? It has oil, and it's not smoking. No garage here will mess with it. What could possibly be wrong????? _______________________________________________________
What could possibly be wrong is many things, such as a cracked head and damaged valves. If so, it may have still been driveable but it would run so badly you would have to drive it with both feet.
If no garage will mess with it, it is because they don't think they can make a profit on the work at the price you are willing to pay.
If all of the garages are wrong in their diagnoses, you may get other suggestions here from alt.autos.ford readers, but you will have to provide more information: Go back to the garage that replaced the timing belt. Ask what makes them think the valves are damaged, and what makes them think the head is cracked. Post their answers here; a reader may provide help.
Good luck.
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:11:31 GMT, "Wendy & John"

valves good-bye. You will need, at the least, the head rebuilt. It could be worse- the pistons may also be damaged. It is repairable, but it won't be cheep.