a/c clutch solenoid

On a 2003 Ranger 2.3L. is the "a/c clutch solenoid" a separate part or part of the compressor? If separate, where is it located on the 2003
Ranger 2.3L?
I used a multimeter measuring amps with the engine off to find an abnormal current drain on my battery by pulling fuses and checking the drop in amps. When I pulled the fuse for the "a/c clutch solenoid", the drain stopped.
Looking to get my a/c back now. Just don't know if this is a short or a part that can be replaced without dealing with the compressor.
if you mean the a relay, its usually under the hood with the fuses or with some thier relays .many are marked some are not. little square box.

The clutch is not the problem. You can unplug it at the compressor and see if your current drain changes.
Al

The clutch is not the problem. You can unplug it at the compressor and see if your current drain changes.
Al

Guess nobody here knows the answer to my QUESTION:
Is the "a/c clutch solenoid" a separate part or part of the compressor? If separate, where is it located on the 2003 Ranger 2.3L?
"Brian" wrote: ( 2003 Ranger 2.3L )
I have an abnormal battery current drain. When I pull the "a/c clutch solenoid" fuse with the engine off, the drain stops. Where is the a/c clutch solenoid located? _________________________________________________
The A/C clutch and its actuating solenoid are located between the A/C pulley and the A/C compressor pump.
The A/C solenoid should have no current applied with the engine off, so the problem is not in the solenoid. It is in the switch or relay or electronics package that actuates the solenoid. I don't know where these are located in a Ranger.
Good luck.
Rodan.
"Brian" wrote: .... Guess nobody here knows the answer to my QUESTION. ___________________________________________________
"Jim Warman" wrote: ... we will give all non-respondents to your appeal a pay cut. ___________________________________________________
LOL. EVERYBODY here knows the answer to your QUESTION, that's why there was no response. Some questions have such a simple answer they are ignored, suspected of being SPAM. Don't be discouraged. Keep asking. Someone will answer.
Good luck.
Rodan.

Chill, folks. I wasn't knocking the non-responses before these last few posts, but the reponses beforehand that completely ignored the question. I realize no one is pay here, but if you're going to post an answer, make it relevant to the question asked.
Sounds like my problem is a relay, Thanks to all for the reponses.