A Different Kind of FORD EXPLORER AC Problem...

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer, that had a very good ac two days ago, but now nothing comes out of the vents. I hear the compressor working when I turn it on, and hear it get louder as I turn up the ac. Though I can feel cool air coming from the dashboard, nothing comes out of the vents.

HELP!!!

Reply to
akasoul

Maybe your blend doors have failed, in which case you should have air coming through your defrost vents. Designed for safety in the event of failure. Sometimes it is just a vacuum actuator arm that breaks, or a vacuum hose falls off. If it's under warranty take it to the dealer unless you want to hunt around behind the dash looking for the point of failure.

Reply to
sleepdog

Could it be the blower isnt working?

If it's the standard, knob-type speed control type, there's a resistor assy in the heater housing (under the dash, or under hood in some veh such as minivans) This is a flat plate that has several wires connected to it.

This often fails

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Sounds like your plenum diverter doors are not functioning. Is the cold air coming out the defroster nozzles... at the bottom of the windshield?

Telstar Electronics