A Message to Alan Mulally

Alan, here are ten, cheap "fixes" that will differentiate Ford products from the rest of the field:
1. Programable fly-by-wire throttle. Driver can set gas pedal throttle
for the sensitivity desired. Virtually all of today's cars are far too sensitive, making it difficult to hold steady-state speeds, without the assistance of cruise-control automation. Test drive a '53 Ford, then an '07 and you will see for yourself. With today's computer controlled fly-by-wire, the driver can choose a retro pattern or current, as he sees fit. My choice is 75% linear travel for 65 mph on a level surface, with 25% remaining travel to w.o.t.
2. thru 10. I will spell them out right here on the newsgroup, gratis, if I get positive feedback on number 1. above. Otherwise, why should I waste my time? Mr. Mulally, you worked for Boeing, so you know cars are a big zero from front bumper (if it even exists anymore) to the rear bumper (if it even exists anymore). I think I make an offer you can't refuse.
There's no reason almost all the basic control parameters couldn't be programmable including shift points and shift hardness.
On Sun, 13 May 2007 01:55:04 +0200 (CEST), George Orwell

For that matter, who needs the driver, we could program the vehicle to drive itself. I think that's the basic theory behind mass-transit.
People are getting too dumb these days to be trusted to drive a car anymore. After all, it's for their own good.
Ted
8. Make a Focus with a diesel engine it. 9. Make all gasoline powered vehicles E85 capable, not just the gas guzzlers. 10. Make flooor mats standard equipment in all their cars.