a question about a 2006 f250 keyless entry

I was given a 2006 F250 as my new work truck. evrything is fine except for the keyless lock, ( the number pad on door ) I have tried to reset it using the manual that was included but i just cant seem to
get it . does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to the easy correct way to program this thing ? thanks so much lurch