a question for jim warman

the 2 bad parking aid sensors on my 02 F250 have been replaced, and the system now works, sorta. when cold it works fine. as soon as i build any heat in the cab, it goes solid tone. do you agree that it sounds like the module is bad??

Reply to
Tom

Is there any way that we can scan the PAM for codes before we commit to an asnwer, Tom?

Who is that top posting bastuhd, anyway?

Reply to
Jim Warman

not sure. i have an auto X- ray scan tool, but i gives me no codes on the truck. and the troubleshooting procedures in the service manual are kinda hard to follow.

Reply to
Tom

I took a quick peak at Auto Xrays website and I see they have many flavours of code readers/scanners... The PSDs (even the 7.3s) aren't really OBD compliant.... They do use the 16 pin OBD2 style DLC, but not all scan tools can read diesel data.... From what I saw, I doubt that the Auto Xray can do proprietary modules (PAM, ABS, ICM, et al).

I've worked through many park aid concerns and all were fixed with either sensor replacement and/or rear harness replacement - the rest of the system just hasn't presented me with any other concerns. That's not to say that a wire couldn't be pierced by a screw or the harness couldn't chaffe or be trapped under a washer in one truck or another... but a code scan with a capable tool *could* reduce the frustration factor....

Jeez... you gotta stop top posting... I'm told it's "rude"....

Reply to
Jim Warman

the kids keep reminding me i am going senile, and the 27 year old just proved it .

he asked me if i put the heat gun to the cold PAM yet.

DOH!!! i forgot all about that dang heat gun.

Reply to
Tom