about gazoline

i was wondering about something a lady friend and moi i always put premium gaz in my car my husband says that someone says there is no difference in the working of the car
some people say all kind of different ideas
so, does someone know the truth about using premium in a car, is it a waste of money? when i could be or should be using the cheaper gaz
i just join this group i am hoping to learn more about car so i can understand what is happening when a car makes certain noise or certain shaking on the road
like right now i can't figure out if it is the struts the guys in different auto repair shop tells me no it it is not the struts they have to put it on the rack well years ago i had a another car with a front end shaking so i had everything fix that could be fix for a few thousands dollars and it ended up to be the struts so to make a story short is there a difference in the gaz?
monique
Use the grade fuel called out in your owners manual. You are wasting $$ if you burn premium and do not need to. There will be no performance increase.
C8oe

waste
Use the grade of gas recommended in your owners manual. If your car runs on regular you're wasting money using premium. Premium fuel is only required by high compression engines usually found in performance cars. The higher octane prevents pinging or knocking which occurs from premature detonation of the fuel.
nice try blue/red/green/orange or what ever color seal ast

waste
I pretty much agree with the others... with one exception.
If your vehicle has a detonation sensor ('knock sensor') then it should be able to take advantage of the higher octane by advancing the timing more (giving you more power).
Other than that, unless you are experiencing spark-knock, keep with the low octane.

waste
Clem, it does not work that way.

Totally possible.
It's just something that stuck in my head from somewhere. (That vehicles with knock sensors can take advantage of higher octane)

or
The only reason for the knock sensor is to detect knock. When that happens the processor retards timing by about 2 degrees. The processor does not use it to advance timing. Computed timing is part of the program of the processor and is already established for a given load. It does not advance timing till it sees the knock sensor give a signal.

merci beaucoup everyone for your opinions
moniquew

it a

noise
dollars