About Time: 4.4L Diesel

There is a new Refinery going through the hoops right now in Saint John New Brunswick. Irving Oil Ltd. already has one, they are proposing building a bigger one across the street.

Reply to
Picasso

That is one of the problems, but the real problem in current environmental laws that have made it almost if not impossible to build new refiners, storage or transporting facilities in the US. Our Senators and Congressmen are too afraid of the "Environuts" to do what is right for the country.

We are ALL environmentalist, in that we do not what to poop where we eat, today unfortunately the Environuts are taking over the county the folks that do not want us to "eat" so we do not have to deal with the "poop."

The good Lord made crude oil and he made it dirty. We should have reasonable laws that makes one clean it up if we spill some, but should not have laws that virtually make it unusable

Reply to
Mike hunt

That may be your opinion, but you are a bit off if that is what you believe. Oil companies are indeed building new refineries, but they are building them where they can be built at a reasonable cost and that is outside the US. It is far less expensive to build off shore and simply import the refined products, all with out running afoul of or over restrictive environmental regulations.

As too who makes the most >

Reply to
Mike hunt