ABS brakes on 97 explorer

1997 ford explorer, 110,000 miles on it. The ABS brake warning light never comes on . My abs brake system engages during light braking, on dry pavement from 5mph
down to stop. I can feel the "buzzing" in the pedal and hear it engage. It only happens during light braking.
Any ideas??
Have the braking system inspected, by a competent technician, WBMA. The ABS should not be activating as you describe. I would suspect a lining problem.
mike hunt
pat wrote:

pat wrote:

Faulty WSS - Wheel Speed Sensor. Could just need cleaning of the seating surface if rusty. Vehicle on lift, with a scan tool (NOT a code reader) will show which sensors are giving up. Just have a buddy spin each wheel as you watch the readout.
Rob