ABS light came on......

Alright people I need some really help my sisters ABS light came on. On her

1997 /V6 3.0 Windstar. The light is on one way and off the other way and some times its on and other times it not on. What the hell you know. Someone told me that it could be the control module. But my Dad works for Ford and his guys at work talked about it and told him if it is on sometimes and not others it could be the speed sensor. But I want to AutoZone for a free computer test and they told me that there system only checks the check engine light stuff. I need some help cause I don't want My sister and my brother-in-law to be riped off. Please help ASAP. Thanks to those who can......it is needed.
Reply to
computercet

This may sound too simplistic but check the brake fluid level. My Escape flashes a light which is common with the ABS light when the fluid is low.

Reply to
Robert Sveinson

That was not it. Thank You thought Robert

Reply to
computercet

Let me get this straight.... this is your sisters vehicle.... your Dad works for Ford (I assume, right or wrong, at the dealership level).... Both you and your sister don't want to take this car to the place where your Dad works.... Am I the only one that sees something odd here?

FWIW, we are discussing brakes, here..... this is no place to get cheap. Additionally, whatever code is turning on the ABS light will be valuable in diagnosing the problem correctly and avoid changing parts unnecessarily.

Reply to
Jim Warman

"Jim Warman" wrote in news:AwtPe.215228$tt5.14415@edtnps90:

Maybe they're Democrats... but I side with Warman, again!

I have never known any who worked at Ford that didnt have an in with one dealer or another. Or with SOMEONE who knew their stuff.

USED to be VERY necessary! ;)

OTOH, no one in my family (GM) would take their car to any dealer...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Maybe the car was "Liberated" from the dealership ?

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

fwiw why not get cheap abs will not affect base brake performance more hot air from jimmyboy

warman sez " a hammer fixes everything" h u r c a s t

Reply to
fordman3