ABS light on 99 Expedition

The ABS light on my 1999 Expedition with 78,000 miles is randomly lighting up about once every 10 times I drive it. I can be just driving down the freeway and it will come on. Does this indicate a real
problem ?
Thanks, Lynn McGuire
Got the same here on my '99 Expedition...
Yes it indicates a problem, with the light on the ABS is not functioning so if you brake hard or brake on slick surfaces, your wheels will lock up. As far as fixing, it's most likely one of the four speed sensors on one of the wheels; Ford service diag computer can tell you which sensor the computer is indicating is failing otherwise it's a hit miss replacement plan until you find the right one.
The standard ODB-III code scanner even with Ford parameters will not read the code for the ABS as only the Ford diag system will read the "body codes", I did see that you can get the sensors fairly cheap at http://www.genuine-ford-parts.com/ I have yet to dig into mine but I am planning on doing something before fall comes around.

IT CAN ALSO MEAN YOU ARE LOW ON FLUID!!!!!!! IT HAPPENDED ON MY WINDSTAR EVERYTIME I WAS LOW, ESPECIALLY ON HILLS!

It is a little low on fluid. I will fill to top and check this.
Thanks, Lynn