AC

Have a 93 ford f350, 7.3 turbo 4x4, standard Transmission. The AC does not blow cold at idle. And takes a long time to cool once RPM's are raised. AC does blow cold once RPM's are above 1000 RPM's. AC is fully charged and I have washed the evaporator core. ANY IDEAS?

Reply to
daledawg

If it's fully charged, the radiator and condenser aren't full of dirt and bugs, probably a weak compressor. A simple check with the gauges will tell you for sure.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

lmfao hey foctard ya get more hi side prressure when their plugged retard i would check to see when compressor cuts in and check for restictions by making sure hi side lines are hot to the orface tube

h u r c a s t

Reply to
slimestickland34

Does the compressor run constantly or cycle?

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

Go back to your jr. college ac class moron. He says it doesn't cool at idle, low air flow over the condenser could be a reason. Jeez your stupid. Get some experience you go girl!

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

like i said take an a/c course tell me what happens to pressure on hi side hurc ast

Reply to
slimestickland34

"daledawg" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

You're going to have to check your high side pressure. Means borrowing a gauge set.

And how do you KNOW it's fully charged? Was the refrigerant weighed in?

If the compressor clutch is always engaged at idle, then you at least have enough that it should cool SOME ... line to ACCUMULATOR should be cool.

If the line from accum to Compressor is cooler than the line from evap to accum, it might be overcharged.

And check the line TO the evap. It should be cold, starting at the orifice.(about 2 feet from evap)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

ok I have washed the radiator, and condenser. Still same. I am waiting on the guages to arrive to check the compressor. The shade tree mech that charged it said it was full. I am taking his word on that.

I will also do as Backyard mech suggest thanks for everyone input. I will let you know thw out come

Reply to
daledawg

Let us know the gauge readings at idle and at about 2000 rpm. If the compressor is worn out you will see the low side high at idle and the high side low at idle. Then when you rev it up a bit the low will go down, the high will go up and it will start to cool. Also let us know how hot it is outside when you check it. I know you said you washed the rad and condensor, but check real close between the two. Most of the dirt will go right through the condensor and then stick in the radiator.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

"" wrote: > Have a 93 ford f350, 7.3 turbo 4x4, standard Transmission. > The AC does not blow cold at idle. And takes a long time to > cool once > RPM's are raised. AC does blow cold once RPM's are above 1000 > RPM's. AC is > fully charged and I have washed the evaporator core. ANY > IDEAS?

Weak compressor stopped up orffice or drier.Providing that the system is fully charged.

Reply to
Shakes73

Thanks to all for the valuable input. Right now I have found a leak in the compressor. I guess it is a leak. There is oil coming from behind the clutch. At this point I will take it to a professional so the compressor can be replaced and the entire system can be evacuated and start new. Hopefully this will solve the other problem as well. Thanks again for all of the help.

Reply to
daledawg