AC clutch on 94 Sable

AC clutch broke for the third time on my 94 Sable, this time no more extended warranty. What is involved in replacing the clutch? It seems there is very
little space to get at it. Any info is appreciated.
Stan
stig wrote:

How do you know its the clutch? What are the symptoms?
BOB
I had this happened before and that was what the dealer diagnosed. It was a cracking noise, some smoke and smell coming out. Switched off the AC immediately and haven't run it since. Will try on Friday or Saturday... Stan

Stan. You'll have to remove the compressor first (it's not THAT hard) to get the clutch off. You will NEED complete documentation (haynes or ford service manual) to complete the job though for all of the info. But for my '97 Taurus, it was 4 bolts holding on the compressor, and of course the pipes connected tot he compressor. Were your magnets coming off the clutch too which would prevent it from engaging?

Thanks for the info, Tom. I just suspect the clutch overheated because there was smoke coming out from the pulley area. I have not tried to switch the AC since then...As I said it happened twice before, the dealer taking care of it. I will check it again.