AC drains inside car

Hi,

Ford Taurus SEL 2005 - Duratec. I just noticed that the AC drains inside the car under the passenger floormat.

Is it difficult to reconnect or re-direct this hose to drain outside the car as it should? Thank you. C

Reply to
C. LeBlanc

The drain may be simply plugged with debris. You should be able to acces it from under the vehicle and clean it out. It may be an open tube or one with a slit that closes at the bottom. This design is much more likely to become plugged by keeps engine oders and road spray from getting back into the vehicle. If that does not correct the problem, you need to find it inside the car and make sure it is properly connected and there are no kinks in it.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Thank you; I hope that is it and I will try to look at it this p.m.

Another factor I should have listed. Last year the dash was replaced on warranty for air-bag concerns. Now I am off warranty and if they didn't re-connect properly I am not sure they will take responsibility. I should have put 2 & 2 together sooner. I am now off warranty. No harm in asking I guess; my dealer is quite good but Ford runs warranty policy.

Thanks again, C

Reply to
C. LeBlanc