Accelerating sluggishly and check engine light came on

I started driving my F150 today and it is fine in first gear, but when it shifts and it is not floored it is very sluggish - almost like it wants to stall. It was so bad when I was trying to see what was going
on that the check engine light came on.
It was fine last night.
Any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

engine light on .. step one check codes and post em here that is what its there for