Accelerator cable, Granada

Hi, I have been unable to drive my Granada now for nearly a week due to the accelerator cable snapping. Its a 94 scorpio 2.5TD. Apparently the cable i
need isnt made anymore so i cant get it from the main dealers. I can get a different one which doesnt quite fit in length of inner cable but it appears what i need is a cruise control cable... even though it looks just like a normal accelerator cable. Is there anyone out there who knows somewhere that may have one of these? I live in Lincolnshire in the UK. Regards, Graham
Good luck in finding the right part. In similar situations I have used a bike shifting or brake cable upon which I soldered the factory end.
Hi You could try here http://www.granada-and-scorpio-online.com/forums/index.php?s )907f5cabf63015e92f778d4a6af04c The guys are pretty clued up Best regards
Tim

http://www.granada-and-scorpio-online.com/forums/index.php?s )907f5cabf63015e92f778d4a6af04c
Thanks to everyone for their help. I ended up keeping the original part i bought from Ford (although it was the wrong part) and adapted the holding plate which seems to have done the trick. Crazy though a manufacturing giant like Ford wouldnt hold stock for an 11 yr old car.....