accidentally added 1 quart type F to a trans requiring mercon 5

Hi, Last week I had the transmission fluid changed in my 2001 Windstar at a quickie lube place. Like a dummy I didn't check to sure that the level was correct. I traveled to a remote area and the transmission
started slipping. There was no fluid on the stick and all I could find at the convenience store was type F of which I added one quart. I later found an auto parts store and bought 2 more quarts of mercon 5 which I also added. I am thinking that only one quart is not going to make much difference, but I'd like to hear comments from someone better informed on the subject than I am. Thanks

your fine. that amount will not damage anything. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.

You got it backwards Sharky, not running, the level reads HIGH, not LOW. ***
Not throwing rocks, but as Clare said:
Will read higher when not running. Reason for those why always need to know WHY: You are reading the reservoir level. Running fills the operating system.

you pay..DEAL with it!
I checked it in park on level ground with the engine running. It was warmed up too thanks
Flush the tranny! I did the same in a GM some years ago and lost the torque converter lockup... Do yourself a favor, trannys are not cheap... 75$ for a flush is cheap and it will be good for the tranny...
Gerald
lew wrote:

================Save yer QuickieLubeIt receipt, call yer lawyer and sue for a new tranny.
unless yer.... lying, stupid, naive, or trolling.
then.... never...mind.
~:~ MarshMonster ~has to go buy some razor blades, the doctor left a probe in his chest~