Acetone

pretty sure most of you have lost your mind.. first of all acetone unaugmented is 150 octane. so it sure as hell dosent drop your octane..dont be asenine secondly acetones' major quality is that it drops the surface tension on the liquid gasoline.. it improves vaporization. for the numb nuts in the crowd this is simple.. liquid gas dosent burn. the vapor burns. acetone helps it vaporize. it is that simple.. dont believe the disinformation bs. just test it. you will see. and if you dont have the balls or brains to try it, shut up

Reply to
Anonymous

So.... f*ck everyone that breathes.... let's piss bad shit into the air while we can -

I haven't verified your claims and I really don't care to.... Like I said..... read the MSD

unaugmented is 150 octane.

the liquid gasoline.. it improves vaporization.

the vapor burns. acetone helps it vaporize. it is that simple.. dont believe the disinformation bs. just test it. you will see. and if you dont have the balls or brains to try it, shut up

Reply to
Jim Warman

And what exactly is the ratio you are using, in what kind of vehicle. Most links that I've seen do not show the dramatic increases in mileage that the original poster was touting. Do you have any documented proof of your before and after mileage? Check this link:

Doesn't seem like such a good deal to me.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Anonymous wrote in news:4334b21f$0$1865$ snipped-for-privacy@news.echoforum.com:

  1. Whodda hell needs to post as 'anonymous?
  2. the poster you rant about couldnt be bothered to read the details.. big deal, not the first time. We've ALL done that on e time or another.
  3. CAREFUL reading of the links involved describe the blend percentage to be used as well as cautionary handling statements.

- thus the MSDS is moot

4 Though the proponent is evangelical about it, the leavening part is where he leaves it up to the reader... try it for yourself or dont.!

- Thus I consider it fair and balanced.

I think I might try it.. when I get around to it. There are PLENTY of simple ideas that havent gotten fair play... when someone DOES follow through, you slap your head and exclaim "Why didnt...!"

and when you read up on Ethanol, especially if you watch your MPG figures, you see that there are plenty of stupid ideas that get a pass in the public forum.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

@#$%#$^$^$%%

Did ANY of you guys READ the damn thing!?????

"Doc" wrote in news:n9iZe.1213$% snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

It's no f#@%$#$@g wonder the press leads the typical american around by the nose... they drop the facts that refute the lead of any story agenda down to the bottom because they know most wont bother!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Did I miss something? Are you talking about the guy said he soked parts in gas/acetone mixture and it didnt hurt anything? If you read it on the internet it must be true? Did it say anything about O2 sensors and cats? I didn't see that. May be I'll try it too backyard, but if it ruins my new cat and O2 I'm gonna be pissed. :0 That one dude said that if you use Torkomatic oil (or some crap like that) and run acetone your mileage will DOUBLE....Give me a break, I find that VERY hard to believe!

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Not trying to pick a bone, but it's nail polish remover. Your mother/sister/wife/daughter probably pollutes more with it doing her nails than if it were put in your tank. Acetone occurs naturally in the environment, is not bioaccumulative and is water soluble.

Breating the vapors is another story. Not recommended. But then again, not wise to breath gasoline either.

Reply to
sleepdog

"Shoe Salesman" wrote in news:A5lZe.437$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

Yeah.. that's what he said.

But he said HOW and in what mixture ratios. And he clearly invited everyone to test it on their own.

It's NOT like he was saying to use it full strength or even 1:10

And no.. I DONT believe everything I read on the net... even Mr Oil, or whatever his name is.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I would not do ANYTRHING based on that website as he has all kinds of errors in fact sprinkled throughout. For instance, Acetone is NOT the primary ingredient in most paint removers (although it is used in some).

Acetone is the strongest and fastest evaporating solvent around. Excellent for dissolving two-part epoxies before set up, for cleaning fiberglass repair tools and for thinning fiberglass resin. Acetone will easily remove sticky residue on glass and porcelain left by stickers and labels, and will clean lacquer tools well. As acetone is highly volatile, is will not work as a thinner for most oil paints and coatings. Mixing with water dilutes strength and slows evaporation rate. Acetone is used in autobody shops and boatyards, for autobody repair, fiberglass hull repair and other epoxy or fiberglass projects. Too strong for a coating solvent. Will attack plastics, synthetic fabrics etc. Is non-photochemically reactive. Acetone is a colorless liquid with a mildly pungent odor. 5 gallon drums cannot be shipped UPS or US Mail

Polyamid (Nylon) is resistant to Acetone, and is commonly used in fuel systems.Butyl rubber is also resistant.So is PTFE (Teflon) or Ryton.So is PolyPropelene. EPDM is safe, So is Delrin. NATURAL rubber is not resistant - nor is Styrene.Or ABS (which is a styrene). Or PVC. Or CPVC. Or Buna N. Or Kynar. Or Silicone. Or Tygon.Or Viton.Or Polycarbonate.Or Noryl. Neoprene is not seriously affected but is not considered Acetone safe.

Buna N, Tygon, Viton and Neoprene are commonly used in fuel system components, along with Butyl, PTFE,and Delrin. Only 3 of them are Acetone safe.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

OK I tryed it and it didn't do anything. Now, you shut up numb nuts.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman