Adhesive for Radiator hoses ?

Is there a particular adhesive one can use on the inlet and outlet radiator pipes before installing new radiator hoses. Its just that its time to replace the hoses.
Can you use Permatex # 3 ( I believe its #3) ?
Thanks in advance Denny B
Denny B wrote:

No adhesive; clamps are enough.

You really must be an old timer... that hasnt been done for decades!
I have used Permatex because it helps get the new hose on but it has been a while. Nowadays, I clean the hose nipple with a nylon scratcher and use a bit of coolant to help slide the hose on. I doubt you'd hurt anything with Permatex as long as you don't use very much, tho.
PoD

Unless you ever want to remove it
Yeh, it does make it harder to remove. Of course, when I was using it I'd just cut the old hose off...
PoD