Adhesive for Radiator hoses ?

Is there a particular adhesive one can use on the inlet and outlet radiator pipes before installing new radiator hoses. Its just that its time to replace the hoses.

Can you use Permatex # 3 ( I believe its #3) ?

Thanks in advance Denny B

Reply to
Denny B

No adhesive; clamps are enough.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

"Denny B" wrote in news:zk4He.231$e82.756 @newscontent-01.sprint.ca:

You really must be an old timer... that hasnt been done for decades!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have used Permatex because it helps get the new hose on but it has been a while. Nowadays, I clean the hose nipple with a nylon scratcher and use a bit of coolant to help slide the hose on. I doubt you'd hurt anything with Permatex as long as you don't use very much, tho.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

"Paul of Dayton" wrote in news:1GoHe.394$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

Unless you ever want to remove it

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yeh, it does make it harder to remove. Of course, when I was using it I'd just cut the old hose off...

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton