Adhesive for Window Glass

Hi. I am trying to fix the window on a 89 Mercury Cougar. The glass came off, and wouldn't open or close anymore even though I could hear the motor run and the mechanism go up and down inside the door. So, I took the door panel off, and found that one of the two plastic clips that the glass sits on is broken. I have replaced the broken plastic clip and now trying to figure out how to attach the glass to these plastic clips. It looks like there was some sort of black, rubbery adhesive that was used. Does anyone know what type of adhesive I use? Any other tips on how to fix this would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Moe

Reply to
Moe

There is a 2 part adhesive for just this purpose called Channel Bond. It comes in single use packs. IIRC it's a Duro product. Check your local NAPA store. I'll bet windshield adhesive would also work if you let it cure for a couple of days.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

could be cheaper to go gt a used one at the wreckers

Reply to
mr. spam