Advice about wireing stereo into a ford escort van

Hi group i hope this is the right place to post this question.

i am living in the UNITED KINGDOM.

i own a 2001 ford escort van this van has a standard double din ford stereo radio cassette player. i am about to install a full Alpine System. My Question is as follows. can anybody tell me what colour the following two wires are at the back of the standard stereo when i remove it.

first wire i need to know the colour of is the. ( IGNITION LIVE ) second wire i need to know the colour of is the ( PERMANENT LIVE )

these are the only two wires i need identified as all other wiring will be installed from new with new speakers and so on

as i have said this is a uk ford escort van and i am not sure if this group is just for usa posting,s.

Thanks: John.

Reply to
big boy now

Didnt know they even made a "Escort" Van! Should be pretty easy to figure it out with a testlight, however..Ford uses the same wiring for radios for many years. Look in a service manual at the auto parts store (Clymers, Chilton).

Reply to
bicycle(Mr. R. White)

I don't know if ford made an escort van in the USA but hear in the uk the escort van is a work horse and has been available for quite a number of years....i can post a photo hear if required. so you can see how the van looks. the van i own is a 2001 model so its still the present model sold......

Thanks: John

Reply to
big boy now

Try posting your question on rec.audio.car also.

You can find info at

sometimes also.

Reply to
I.Care