Advice on Freestar

Hello, I'm looking into purchasing a 2006 Freestar and was hoping to hear from someone who already owns one. I am aware of the fact that the Freestar is not a segment leader, but after a few incentives from the
dealer I'm sure I could get one for much less than a Sienna or an Odissey. However, I certainly don't want to waste my money on a vehicle that is likely to give me trouble.
According to Consumer Reports, the 2006 model should be trouble-free with the exception of the brakes and power equipment, which are two areas that scored very poorly. If you own a 2005-2006 FreeStar, I'd really appreciate your input.
Thank you in advance.
FYI..
Ford is cancelling the minivan in early 2007
Transmissions for the van will cease being produced in Oct 2006
Think about it