Aerostar 3.0 -87 crankshaft pulley

Seems that the damper is broken. Any ideas how to hold engine from turning when opening the pulley center bolt ?
br Vesku

It's easier to hold the wrench and turn the motor (if an inpact tool isn't available or wont fit). Place a socket over the crank bolt with an appropriate breaker bar... Wedgfe the breaker bar against the frame and bump the starter over with a remote button....

OR... insert two of the adjacent pulley bolts, take a long extension through them and wedge against the boss of the water pump housing. AFTER spraying the bolt with P'Blaster, waiting 30 minutes then smacking the head (NOT hard) a couple times with a hammer in order to break any rust bond loose.
you pay..DEAL with it!