Aerostar again

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

Nothing obviously loose underneath. Bushings look good. Any ideas what to check before I head to the mechanic?

Finally got to the root cause. Worn tire - possibly steel belts moving inside....

Took to local corporate chain shop. Long time people there and I have had good luck so far.

Asked to TS why pulling to one side. Checked alignment and it was off. I said go ahead with alignment. Picked up car, drove 40 feet and no change. Turned around. Explanation was that front tire was badly worn. Had them switch right & left. Now pulled to the right. Tire is the problem.

Nothing lost - it was out of alignment and had to get that done before putting new tires on. But disappointed they didn't test drive it or swap the tires the first time I took it in.

Tire on sale is $59 -- plus another $45 for everything else.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney
6-24-15 "Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news:U6adnf snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com... "Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

[...]

I figgered this subject line might hit most of folks here I bin getting getting good advice from about this valuable classic v-hickle.

Nothing new to say about it... no problems to speak of in 2+ years since I swapped out the radiator and replaced a bad spark. Passed smog then - thanks to your help - and again this year, barely registering any of the smog gases. Still running strong at 150K miles (that's 10,000 km Canadian).

I hope everyone is/was having a good Christmas or otherwise winter fiesta. (What's Canadian for Christmas?)

Please excuse my ab scents. I hope to be climbing down under the hood on warm days to see what kind of trouble I can get into. As soon as I do, you will hear me yelling for help.

Sincere good wishes and Merry Christmas to all my pals and pallets.

Snuffy

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Nope - that's roughly 241000km in "Canadian"

Chris Moose? (related to "Bruce the Moose?") and if you are from "down east" i'ts the time to drink "moosehead" beer - and if from "The Big Nicklel" you might be drinking "Moose Piss".

Reply to
Clare Snyder

etting good advice from about this valuable classic v-hickle.

I swapped out the radiator and replaced a bad spark. Passed smog then - th anks to your help - and again this year, barely registering any of the smog gases. Still running strong at 150K miles (that's 10,000 km Canadian).

. (What's Canadian for Christmas?)

n warm days to see what kind of trouble I can get into. As soon as I do, y ou will hear me yelling for help.

Yew sure 'bout them binaries? I thot they was bi-polar lak Larribald.

Reply to
idjit.bob