Aerostar -- Coolant temp sensor to computer

I cut the line that connects the coolant temp sensor to the computer (standing in front of the van, it's the one on the right). Engine starts and runs fine, except I notice if I start it cold and run it for 2-3 minutes, then stop, that it is hard to start - have to pump the accelerator to get it to catch.
Anyway, that's just a story. Was hoping I would not need that sensor, but evidently the computer requires it to run good when hot.

If it can`t read it it goes into limp home mode. KB