Aerostar - Harsh ride

My '93 Aerostar rides real rough. I replaced the shocks and it's a little better, but not much. Taking the 2 bench seats out probably didn't help much. What's the deal, did Ford just put really stiff springs in those vans? Is there anything I can do about it?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

hi matt - depends on where you sit in the van.

i use to haul the kids around and sat up front. ride was pretty good. kids never complained about the ride.

then, the kids got their license and they were doing the driving and i sat in the middle seat. not a bad ride.

but we had to haul something and took out the middle seat and i sat in the back seat. boy, did that ride rough. it was hard to believe you could get such a difference in ride and not do anything to the suspension. maybe this is something similar to what you are talking about.

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."

c palmer

Maybe that's it. Those seats probably weighed close to a couple hundred pounds combined. I like having that space though.

Matt

Reply to
Matt