Aerostar Tune-up Prices at Shop vs. Shade Tree

I would much rather have a shop do this, but these prices seem way out of line, even for a difficult job like an Aerostar.
What's the cost in anyone's area to have this done in an indept shop?
Same type Motorcraft parts retail are $67 total.
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/6289/yc5m.jpg
Plugs $15-19 each depending on the type Labor $224
Plug wires $66 per set of 6 Labor $204 (slightly lower if done with plugs)
Total $584, less any credit for labor
PS - The $99 at the bottom of the JPG is for fuel system cleaning.
I would much rather have a shop do this, but these prices seem way out of line, even for a difficult job like an Aerostar.
What's the cost in anyone's area to have this done in an indept shop?
Same type Motorcraft parts retail are $67 total.
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/6289/yc5m.jpg
Plugs $15-19 each depending on the type Labor $224
Plug wires $66 per set of 6 Labor $204 (slightly lower if done with plugs)
Total $584, less any credit for labor
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 17:38:59 -0700, "Guv Bob"

Less than an hour's work on a cold engine to do the whole job if you have a hoist and decent tools. Plugs alone, about 20 minutes. This is on the 3.0 liter engine. Not sure about the 4 liter, but not MUCH difference. The plug wires cost me a bit more last time i did them - about $17 per wire, but I only ever had to change 2. on my own truck(s).
To do it without a hoist, add half an hour at the very minimum just for the plugs.

out of line, even for a difficult job like an Aerostar.

Thanks. I have small ramps but no hoist. Which ones would be easier with a hoist? I saw a video where a feller cut access holes in the floorboard with a hole saw but would rather not do that unless there's no other way.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:49:26 -0700, "Guv Bob"

Which ones? The ones you reach from underneath with the wheels removed- which IIRC is 4 of them. It's been over 8 years since I last had to change plugs on the aeroscare(s).

out of line, even for a difficult job like an Aerostar.

shop?

you

is

-

with a hoist? I saw a video where a feller cut access holes in the floorboard with a hole saw but would rather not do that unless there's no other way.

Sorry for long delay getting back. It passed the smog check and gets decent gas mileage, so I dropped the plug changing project until a while.