Air bag code

I've got a 94 GM that's flashing a code 44, looks like RH crash sensor mounting problem. Nothing wrong with the mounting or the sensor (foolishly bought a new one). Anyone know any other conditions likely to cause this? Any other diagnosis tips? Thanks...Jim Z

Reply to
Jim Z

Bad ground at the sensor? Clean the mount surface off with light sandpaper or such under you get clean metal and re torque it back down.

Now, shotimes.com shows a 44 as primary crash sensor: If it has three, it would be in the middle? (firewall or radiator support)

44 Primary Crash Sensor #1 - Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly

Your sure you ID'ed the right one?

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

Pretty sure. Only found 2 sensors (on rad support). Can't see anything on the firewall. Code table I found on Crownvic.net shows 2 primary crash sensors; 1 LH & 1 RH (code 44) and a safing sensor supposedly behind drivers kick panel.

Reply to
Jim Z