Air bag light keeps blinkin!

94 Taurus wagon. Well maintained, last time the intermittment air bag light on led to a minor duct tape application to the alternator.
Any hints as to what it the light on means?

JD wrote:

count the blinks, report back, or go to shotimes.com to get the codes.
BOB
I took my 92 town car to lincoln and told them the air bag light keeps blinkin ( 3 then 2) they changed the cock spring for $400.