Air Bag Warning Light Question

'93 Aerostar XLT... The air bag warning light by the right blinker light s uddenly began flashing in a sequence when the engine is running. 3 flashes
, hesitate, 3 flashes, etc. It doesn't do this every time I use the van, b ut most of the time it does. Nothing seems to be wrong, but it's a little unnerving wondering if the thing is suddenly going to blow up in my face. Also associated with this: when I turn the key to accessory, it gives me an odd beeping sound I've never heard before, making it impossible to listen to the radio with the engine off.
This is a completely new one to me, and being old school, i.e., hating idio t lights, I haven't a clue what this means.
Anyone?

A quick Google turns up "33=Passenger Side Air Bag Circuit High Resistance or Open". <http://www.ehow.com/list_7652177_airbag-light-codes-fords.html
My '02 Escape had that same indicator (different blink code, but same explanation), and it turned out that the connector under the seat sometimes gets a little corrosion on it. I unplugged it, sprayed it with some contact cleaner, then plugged/unplugged it about 6 or 7 times, wiped it off, plugged it back in, and the problem went away. Your connector may vary in location, but I'd start with that.
--
SC Tom

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:16:41 AM UTC-7, SC Tom wrote:

Thanks Tom. The link helps me better understand what's going on too. Now, to find the stinking connection plug.....

On the Aeroscare code 33 is passenger side detonator high resistance. Try substituting the air bag with a 2.2, 3.3, or 4.7 ohm resistor. Not sure exactly what the Ford airbag resisstance is, or what the tolerance is. If the risistance is too low it will throw a different code for resistance too low (shorted air bag). Honda uses a 2 ohm resistance- and the later Ford trucks with passenger side airbag disable switch just switches a resistor in place of the airbag when disabled to keep the light out.