Air bags

Is there any way a steering wheel mounted air bag can be dis-armed or disconnected?
I am a heart patient and have two stents in my right coronary artery
and do not relish the thought of getting hit in the chest by an air bag.
Thanks,
Gerri
You'd be much further ahead being hit by the airbag than the steering wheel, etc..... Having a functional SRS will improve your chances of survivng a collision immensely... in spite of your condition.
If you disable the system, or have the system disabled for you, the liability issues are astounding.

The air bag is not designed to hit you; it is designed for you to hit it as you are propelled toward the windshield during a collision. It will be a lot easier on you than smacking your chest into the steering wheel. While you have my sympathy for your condition, just remember that the safest driving position is arms length from the steering wheel, hands either side, not on top, of the steering wheel. This was the safest position for you even before airbags.

pull the fuse
h u r c